[openbeosnetteam] Re: Net team status report

  • From: "shatty" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:48:53 -0700

Hello all,

I've already once today shown my ignorance at what is
going on in the network kit but since I have been
going through the code trying to tie lose ends, I
thought I would try my hand at libnet.  Well, mostly
it was my annoyance at seeing so many pages of errors
scroll by when doing a top level build.

Anyway, I have 30 of the 41 files building.  This
required the addition of two lines to the Jamfile:

UsePrivateHeaders kernel ;
UsePrivateHeaders kernel/arch/x86 ;

and adding this line, which is used in mbuf.h: (should
be in ktypes.h or posix/sys/types.h?)

typedef char *caddr_t;

I also had to add a few posix headers, which I took
from a standard R5 install:

be_setup.h
endian.h

I don't know if this is helpful or common knowledge
and I thought I would just pass it on to the list
rather than commit.

Andrew