[openbeosnetteam] Meeting - Take 2?

  • From: "David Reid" <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Network Team" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:30:54 -0000

How about Monday at about 9:30-10pm GMT?  That would mean about 4:30-5pm on
eastern seaboard and 1:30-2pm on west coast US?

irc.openprojects.net #openbeosnetkit

There's a few things we need to talk about!

I think we should at least talk about...

- dynamic loading, people's views on what I've added
- preferences
- milestones

BTW, who's responsible for the network preferences app?  Is it us or some
other openbeos group?

Also, there is now a mailing list for CVS commits for those who want to keep
up to date. Subscription info can be found at
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/open-beos-cvs

Summary of where we are at the moment...

- net_srv app finds/opens network device drivers at run-time
- net_srv app will now load all protocol modules dynamically, ie at run-time
- init hooks exist but are not really used
- implementations exist of ethernet, arp, ipv4, udp that take a packet and
print the header details
- mbuf's are about 40% complete featurewise
- allocation pools are in place and seem to work well

To do before to long includes adding a hash table and the arp cache.

david