[openbeosnetteam] Re: Lock.h & MBuf.h errors

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 22:03:51 +0100 CET

> I don't have the exact error any more, but it was something to the
> effect
> of "error compiling, extraneous \".  If you look in CVS at those two
> files,
> each has about 20 lines that end with a "\".

Yes, that's right.
And running a jam traceroute (or a global jam at /current root) doesn't
choke on it.
These lines ending by \ are, beside kind of ugly, perfectly valid
AFAIK.

Maybe your headers/private/net/{lock|mbuf}.h are corrupted?
Wrong line return character maybe. Do you check out these files from a
non-BeOS platform?
Could you try delete these two files and get them again?
However, could you then post here the exact error message, line number
included?

I known the net team show no progress since month now, but at least
what's we've included in the whole
build system should build fine and for all people! :-/
And, from my own experience, traceroute build fine last time I try.
That was 5 minutes ago.

-Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Swipple's Rule of Order:
        He who shouts the loudest has the floor.