[openbeosnetteam] Re: Known net stack issues

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:04:37 +0100

Hi Brennan,

> Here is what I know of as issues with the network code right now:
>
> Hostname resolution doesn't work properly
> route doesn't work properly
>
> That is all I know for sure right now.  Please add what you all know to
> be wrong, and I will post them out to Sourceforge.

Okay here is what I know:
PPP's IPCP protocol has problems removing the default route and I do not know
whether this is a problem of our stack or just my stupidity. :)

Removing an ifnet from our stack (if_detach) has not been tested. Maybe
something is left behind?

The stack and all its modules must be made thread-safe.

ifconfig is not fully functional. I think that "ifconfig down" fails.
Also, if I remember correctly, I once tried to change the IP of my ethernet
adapter. This failed somehow...Maybe even some structures in the stack were not
correctly removed/changed.

At the moment there is nothing more that comes into my mind.

Bye,
Waldemar