[openbeosnetteam] Re: Got the network up...

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <n.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:31:46 +0200

> If you can search this ICMP protocol issue, that would be great.

I have looked at it, and I assume that the libnet module that looks up
protcols expects an /etc/protocols.txt. I'm not 100% sure, so don't hit
me or anything, this was simply what I saw when I quickly ran over the
code.

> BTW, I just bought a cheap rtl8139D-based network adapter, so I may
help
> Niels on fixing his driver, but mostly to be able to test the stack
> without
> having to disable my previoulsy single net device (a DFE530TX, based
on a
> VT86C100/VIA Rhine chip).
Great! I could use some help. I will add support for your chipset (which
basically means adding a new chip id) tomorrow, so you can happily test
the driver.