[openbeosmediakit] BParameter Coding Question

  • From: Zousar Shaker <shakerz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:06:55 -0700

Hello,

    I have been implementing the BParameter and related classes.  So far
progress has been good.  BParameter, BNullParameter, BDiscreteParameter, and
BContinuous parameter have been coded.  Two methods I have been unable to
code are the

status_t GetValue(void *buffer, size_t *ioSize, bigtime_t *lastChange)
status_t SetValue(const void *buffer, size_t size, bigtime_t changeWhen)

members of BParameter (not overridden in the Null/Discrete/Continuous sub
classes).  According to the Be Book:

'These calls simply dispatch to the BControllable::GetControlValue() and
BControllable::SetControlValue() functions.'

As far as I can see, BControllable does not have GetControlValue or
SetControlValue methods.  Furthermore, what instance of a BControllable
class do you call GetControlValue/SetControlValue (if they existed) on?
Those methods aren't static (and as such, an instance must exist to call
them from), and BParameter does not descend from BControllable, so it's not
a case of calling a superclass' method.  If anyone out there knows something
about this (or knows somebody else who knows about this), I would appreciate
some advice.

Thanks,
Z.S.

NOTE: To reply, remove the "REMOVE_THIS_SPAM_BLOCKER" portion of the ReplyTo
address.