[openbeosmediakit] Re: AVI reader

  • From: "David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:42:23 +1100 EST

Marcus,

> is you AVI reader useable by now, or do you think I should better
> finish my own one?

Here is what I have so far.

It parses both AVI file types (original and OpenDML) and generates an
index for both file types as well.
However, as allways there are lots of bad AVI file creators out there.

I still need to implement the Seek and GetNextChunk functions.

Both of them should just use the metadata function GetPositionForFrame
to position in the file.

> I have made reader detection automatic based on the Sniff()
> function's result,
> and moved the codec assignment into the media_server
> (FormatManager.cpp)
>
> Right now, when you read the avi file, please try to use
> media_mpeg_description
> to create the media format for the audio stream, and it should be
> playable with
> MediaPlayer as long as it's mp3 audio

Ok I will look at that.

> I'm going to implement proper decoder assignemt based on the format
> now.

I should have some more time to work on this  before I head off for
christmas on friday but
you are welcome to take the code and do with it whatever you need to.

Cheers
David