[openbeosmediakit] AVI Support

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:03:57 +0100

Hi,

I just wanted to give you a small status update about the media kit.

AVI (divx video, etc) file support should be ready very soon. Right now,
avi file reading is not fully workig, but I expect to finish that later this
evening. Then the ffmpeg codecs, which are already in CVS, need to
be connected to the codec API, which shouldn't be very hard.

At the moment, we already have support for MP3, WAV, AIFF, AU and
OGG Vorbis.

After AVI playback is working, I'll make a new public alpha version package
available, most likely next Sunday evening.

The media kit codec API is a playback only right now, this means you can't
record anything. Of cause this will be changed sometime, but it will take a
couple more weeks.

regards
Marcus