[openbeos-midi] 2nd Beta MidiPlayer

  • From: "Jerome LEVEQUE" <jerl1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "MidiKit List" <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:30:17 PDT (-0700)

Source at http://jerome.leveque.free.fr/MidiPlayer.zip this is the 2nd
Beta

that what I write in a Terminal
$ export CVS=5FRSH=3Dsh
$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:jerl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/open-beos
co midi=5Fkit
cvs.open-beos.sourceforge.net: cvs.open-beos.sourceforge.net: No such
file or directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

I haven't CVS account who can create one for me=3F

> But I could not get BMidiStore connected to BMidiSynth to work.
>
> BMidiSynthFile works, but I think it should be removed from the
> inputs because it acts also as an output and the same effect can
> be achived when a BMidiStore input is connected to a
> BMidiSynth output.

Ok now BMidiSynthFile is in the input and the output.
But sorry the BeBook said at BMidiSynth page :

The one thing you shouldn't do is connect a BMidiFile to a BMidiSynth.
If you want to realize the contents of a MIDI file, you should use an
instance of BMidiSynthFile instead (BMidiSynthFile is derived from
BMidiSynth).

> If this MidiPlayer is intended as a replacement for the one from Be
> then it should have additional the following features:
> - live input (midi file playback + mixing with input from BMidiPort)
That work now

> - wave form display
I have some idea of view but you can help me to do some
> - volume control for MidiSynth
> - other MidiSynth settings
> - drag and drop
All this setting will come when the most importante feature work
(connecting everything to everything)

> I guess you have these points on your todo list ;)
>
> My wish list:
> - a playlist
> - playback functions: restart/fast forward/backward/progress
restart is implemented in BMidi class but not the other then we must do
class that implemente this.