[open-beos-printing] Re: PDF Writer 1.2a1

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: open-beos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:35:34 +0200

5/21/02 4:47:34 PM, philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Michael wrote:
>> Here is another alpha version of PDF Writer:
>
>Woa, you ROCKS again, Michael!

Thanks, I needed this :) After the long weekend my batteries reached a critical
level!

>> Feedback would be fine, but is not mandatory ;)
>
>Works fine here, but I've only test the web links and bookmarks features.

Additional to references handling the version in the repository does
not have the restriction anymore that text of links has to be passed to
PDF Writer as one string. Now it will try to detect the text of a line with
a very simple heuristic, that should work in many common cases.
I will probably extend this later from one line to multiple sequencial
lines, so that for example a web link may span multiple lines.

>BTW, I should've built previous 4.0 libpdf.so WITH debug code enableb,
>because she shrink from 1.3Mb to around 740Kb now! Oh my...
>;-)

If you speak about the version included in this distribution,
well, I have built libpdf 4.0.2 with an BeIDE project, because I have
not managed to get the shared libraries to be built with libtool. This
version should not contain debugging information.

- Michael