[ola] Re: sort of fun activity

  • From: Nanosh Lucas <nanoshlucas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:54:05 -0700

Hello,

Here's a cool idea a student came up with - telephone from English to Spanish
back to English and so forth. Sort of makes the game fun. I don't like
telephone, and I am ambiguous about translation, but this was pretty fun &
engaging.

Example:

Bob: El perro está en el horno
Rita: The dog is in the something.
Joey: El perro está en la cosa.
Rachel: The dog is in the house.
Sarah: El perro es en la casa.
etc. etc. etc.

I have been thinking about looking at a more private mailing system - I am sure
the recent "silence" has something to do with the fact that everything we say
shows up on a search engine. Anyone have suggestions for a good listserv system?

Thanks,

Nanosh