[ola] how to respond to folks

  • From: Nanosh Lucas <nanosh.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:33:13 -0700

Hey, everyone,

I'm just going to echo Tracy's comments. We have 118 people on this list
currently, and we'd like to make sure it stays useful for everyone on it.

When someone drops off the list, it means one less person's creativity and
insight we can benefit from. Most of the people who drop can't handle the
quantity of emails. I'm one of those people who hardly ever deletes email, so
it doesn't bother me, but I recognize it's an issue for others and respect as
well as desire to keep them involved. I'll reiterate what Tracy said and ask
you:

1. Please don't hit the reply button automatically, it goes to everyone on the
list.
2. Please think carefully about whether your comment is part of a conversation
that everyone is having or just you and another person.

I'm sure I'm guilty of the above, so I'll make every effort to address people
personally when it's appropriate.

Thanks,

Nanosh

p.s. No need to reply to this email ;)