[ola] circumlocucion & song activity

  • From: Hannah Pratt <hannahpratt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:41:36 -0800

hello everyone,

attached is a quick circumlocution practice i did yesterday, and also
the questions i had students answer after watching the youtube video
"Latinoamerica" by Calle 13. it's a pretty powerful video (sent to me
by a student via my website), and in my 2nd years, i had them write
down words they recognized, then answer the questions. i think we'll
also read the lyrics together for reading practices.

in my ap & heritage classes students answered the same questions, then
talked to the text with the lyrics & then we had a short socratic
seminar.

happy friday to all!

hannah