[ola] What does an OWL project look like?

  • From: Emily Gerstner <emilygerstner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 12:28:17 -0500

Hi there,

I'm looking for advice on projects that are in line with the goals of OWL.
In the past when I've done projects, students have really enjoyed them and
taken a lot of ownership over their work, but because of less structured
class time spent working or a need for word translation, projects take away
from Spanish being spoken in class. For projects involving research,
teaching research skills is really valuable, but again, something that gets
done in English and takes away from Spanish time.

What have you all done to make projects as communicative as possible
throughout the process of preparing and presenting? What is the most
successful project you have done? Your thoughts are much appreciated. I
hope everyone had a relaxing holiday weekend!

Take care,
Emily