[ola] Re: Vocab wall list

  • From: Jennifer Gonzalez <Jennifer.Gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 20:50:01 +0000

Today I did a fun activity that really worked!! Students created five sentences
for homework with vocabulary that has come up in class.  In pairs they read
their sentences to one another.  Then they picked their favorite sentence to
read to the whole group.  Then they drew a picture of their sentence and shared
that.  For homework tonight they need to pick their favorite word from our
vocabulary list so far, label it in Spanish and draw it.  These are first year
middle school kids so their sentences were very crazy like "dinosaur hit fat
cat eyes green" but  they got their message across.