[ola] Looking For Presentational Advice

  • From: Warren Billings <wbillings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 16:12:28 -0400

Hey Everyone!

My school is holding an Exhibition Night to showcase student learning this
Wednesday. I am going to hold two OWL classes: once for elementary school
students and again for parents and community members in the evening.

This is my tentative schedule for the 5-7 PM block:

5:00 - 6:15 - Sign Ups for Clase A + Clase B
5:30 - 6:00 - Clase A
6:00 - 6:15 - Debrief in English
6:20 - 6:45 - Clase B
6:45 - 7:00 - Debrief in English

It's critical that an OWL experience starts in L2. Therefore I will have a
student monitor the Sign Ups so that I will not be speaking in English
before people take the class.

I am really excited about this opportunity and feel prepared with lots of
information to give. Do any of you have a video or exciting talking points
that I could use?

Please critique my schedule, plan, and anything I've said here.

Thank you!!!
Sending love from Pittsfield, NH!!!
Warren

--