[ola] Funny FB request (1,000 likes!!!) ..and other news!

  • From: Darcy Rogers <rogersdr25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:13:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hola OLAers!!!

I have a silly, fun request to ask of the OLA Community :) I noticed recently
that we have A LOT of people-almost 500 at a time!-looking at our OLA Facebook*
and interfacing with the comments, pictures and posts. However, that is not
reflected in our number of likes. Now I'm the last person to even notice that,
but someone recently informed me that that makes a difference. So let's show
the world that we are an awesome OLA community and get your students (homework!
;), friends, and family to like our page!! We currently have 180 and I'm
betting we can get to 1,000 likes within the week!!!! I would even encourage
you to ask your students if they would make comments on the page about what OLA
means to them!

In other news, congratulations to Caleb Zilmer who recently had an article
published in the ACTFL Language Educator, page 26!!!! Check it out and share it
with your colleagues.

Attached is a list of all of the upcoming Workshops and Conferences. See if
there is something in your area! Also, let me know if you are interested in
hosting a workshop. I am now two months in to a leave of absence from teaching
and am interested in working with your school!!! Woohoo!

Happy Thursday!! Let's see how many 'likes' we have by May 1st!!!!

*Facebook link: (or look for 'Organic Language Acquisition')
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Organic-Language-Acquisition/292853297393181?ref=ts&fref=ts

Abrazos,
Darcy Rogers

Organic Language Acquisition (OLA)