[ola] Re: Course documents & Grading

  • From: Darcy Rogers <rogersdr25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 23:50:47 -0700 (PDT)

Bon sous Heidi and OWLers! :)

Here is a sample syllabus. It has a great description of the class and provides
a nice graph of the breakdown of the goals for each level. This was a Spanish
class, but you could use it for any language. Remember that this syllabus
includes just one sample of how you could do grading. Each teacher does it
differently, based on what system you are using, and what you would like to
focus on. If any OWL teachers out there would like to share how they do
grading, please feel free. Please do take in to account the values and concepts
of the OWL methodology :)

Excited to see how others have employed grades and see what conversations and
ideas might arise about how to do grading with a performance/proficiency based
system. Many schools are having to move towards standards based grading, so
that might also be something to bring to the table.

Will be sending out a sample letter to parents in the next couple of days as
well.

Congratulations on beginning another school year!!!!!
Abrazos,

Darcy Rogers
Organic World Language (OWL)

Phone: 541.601.4509
Fax: 541.776.4099
Website: olaed.com
Facebook: tinyurl.com/organic-language-facebook