[ola] Re: Are Your Courses Semester or Year-Long?

  • From: Harris Levinson <hlevinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:18:23 -0700

All language classes at our public high school are now yearlong, though we
were on a trimester schedule for 12 years that meant students had one
trimester without a language class.

Our classes are typically ~60 minutes in length, though we have block
periods every other week that last for about 1'45".

I'd strongly suggest that your administration consider the fallout from
moving from full-year to one-semester-long language classes.

Harris Levinson

--
Harris Levinson
Teacher, Adviser