[off-topic] Re: looking for an audio editor for windows or even better iOS

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 05:26:16 -0800

Ok I will look at it. Have you used Audacity before? If you have, is goldwave easyer to use then Audacity? Thank you.

From: Beto Arreola <beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx
To: off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 07:14:53 -0600

Have you considered gold wave?

Hi. I am looking for an accessible, free, easy to use audio editor for windows that can handle .wav and or .mp3 files and that can change the tempo and pitch of files and then lets you save your changed files as ...wav or .mp3 to a usb stick or dropbox. What I really would like is to have one for iOS that is $40 or less, but every one I have looked at either does not work with VoiceOver or does not have all the features I want, which is not many really. Just import a .mp3 or .wav file from dropbox and or open in, change the tempo and pitch of the file and export the changed file in .wav or .mp3 to dropbox or with open in. I have looked everywhere for an iOS app, and have not found anything, so now I am looking for a windows solution but have not given up on iOS. The iOS apps I have looked at include audio stretch, bossjock, hokusai, wavpad, beetwav, amazing slow downer, tempo slow mo, loopy hd and probably some others I have probably forgot. Mostly the problems with these apps are they either do not work with VoiceOver or they are missing import and export options so all you can do is use files from your iPod music library, you can't use or edit files from other sources and then once you are done editing your file you can't export it so you can only listen to your file in the app you made it in. There are other problems as well, but I listed the big ones and I am not going to list them all here. I have not looked at any windows apps yet and starting my search by asking on this list. I started my search for iOS on applevis.com where I searched sound editing apps and read the reviews and accessability comments and listened to podcasts and in some cases even contacted the app developers to ask if an app had a certain feature if it was not clear what features an app had from the description. I honestly can't believe how hard finding this app has and continues to be. I just want to do 4 simple things. 1. import a file. 2. change the pitch. 3. change the tempo. 4. export the changed file. Once again my price range is free for windows or $40 for iOS because I do not have credit cards or paypal or anything like that to pay for windows programs but for iOS I can buy and use iTunes cards. Any ideas for either windows or iOS audio editing? Thank you. With questions, concerns, or issues please contact the list admin at: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx , on skype on betoa221, or twitter betoa221. To sub to the list please send message to: off-topic-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe on the subject line. To unsub from the list send message to: off-topic-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx