[off-topic] Re: Downgrading os x

  • From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:51:58 +0000

Ar I see. I have done this before then, but didn't realize it cleans up the disc as well. Cheers!

E-mail Facebook and iMessage
christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx

On 31/10/2013 07:59, Josh Gregory wrote:
Sort of similar, go in to disk utility and repair permissions.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 31, 2013, at 3:41 AM, Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So how do I do a disc cleanup in Os X? Didn't think this was possible without
an app like Onyx.

E-mail Facebook and iMessage
christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx

On 31/10/2013 02:16, alberto wrote:
Hello josh I would suggest doing a disk utility clean up.  I first did the
upgrade on my 8 GB mac, then I did the utility clean up on it and works even
faster then in the past.
Today I did the same thing on my friends mac book pro 2013 and did a utility
clean on it which is what everyone is recommending and it runs faster then what
it used to.
The only issue would be if this hasn’t made a change on your computer that
there was some type of conflict with your MBPs old software and the new one.
Also if you didn’t do a disk clean up before in ML it is very possible there
was other problems present that you were not aware of that came full out now
and are affecting your speed.
Hope you take Loos suggestion and do a clean install because I am betting there
were past problems with your mac and stuff you have been doing that may of
caused them that just popped up now with the whole new OS.

On Oct 30, 2013, at 7:20 PM, Josh Gregory <joshkart12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good evening,
Because of the pure slowness with  Mavericks, I'm wanting to downgrade to
mountain lion, however I cannot find it in the app store… Is this even possible
and if it is where is a safe place to get the file?
Thanks  much,
Josh

Sent from my iPhoneWith questions, concerns, or issues please contact the list
admin at: alberto.a775@xxxxxxxxx, skype
betoa221, or twitter betoa221.
To sub to the list please send message to: off-topic-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
subscribe on the