[oescripting] Backups

  • From: "Kimberly" <scriptingclass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oescripting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:13:14 -0400

Easy Thumbnail Script with Pixelate filter
  Hello All,
Just dropping in to let everyone know that if you are interested in learning a
few steps you can take to backup your stationery files you will find a new page
off the home page called Backup/Help.

I put it together to assist one of our members after a crash be able to
determine the various ways in which Outlook Express Email messages, accounts,
contacts, stationery & script files can all be backed up so you can restore
them rather quickly after a reformat.

The techniques are closely related with the new windows mail but I will put up
a page that deals with Windows Mail individually for any future or current
Vista users.

Tip:  Did you know that you can save your stationery to eml files which are
email files for outlook express or windows mail?  To do this simply load the
stationery into outlook express or windows mail from the .html file and choose
file -- save as.

If you do this before sending your stats you can backup these files to cd and
not have to worry if the file paths change or if the images or sounds are no
longer part of your collection.  This embeds everything into the stationery and
double clicking it will allow you to resend it whenever you wish.

I will try and send some other useful tips as the need arises.

AT this time I will open up the floor to anyone that has questions about
stationery maintenance and backup and will send the answers to the group so
everyone can benefit.

New Backup Page

Kimberly.

GIF image