[obol] Re: [swalalahos] PHOTOS: Myiarchus flycatcher at Gearhart

  • From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: swalalahos_group <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 13:25:27 -0700

13:25 and no relocation yet. Did you manage any audio captures of the calls?

David Bailey
On Oct 27, 2015 1:21 PM, "Mike Patterson celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx [swalalahos]" <
swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I found a _Myiarchus_ flycatcher in dune scrub along the upper trail
at Little Beach, Gearhart. It was flycatching in the crab-apples and
blackberries along the access trail on Marion St, but the best area
for parking is at Wellington Access.

It was relatively cooperative, showed a habit of flying off or diving
for cover if crowded too closely. I managed some pretty good photos,
but it is a _Myiarchus_ and they can all look frustratingly similar.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/albums/72157658091528773

It called frequently with a soft "choook". Listening to calls for
all 4 likely _Myiarchus_ at Xeno-Canto, I find the BROWN-CRESTED
FLYCATCHER most closely matches what I heard.

http://www.xeno-canto.org/207035

I expect a healthy debate, however...

I left David Bailey and the Powells on site looking for it. I had
to come how and do housework.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR
The history of photons
http://www.surfbirds.com/community-blogs/northcoastdiaries/?p=3005
__._,_.___
------------------------------
Posted by: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
------------------------------
• Reply to sender
<celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20PHOTOS%3A%20Myiarchus%20flycatcher%20at%20Gearhart>
• Reply to group
<swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20PHOTOS%3A%20Myiarchus%20flycatcher%20at%20Gearhart>
• Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/swalalahos/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjduYzI5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNTk4MDY5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTcyNDg3NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0NDU5NzcyNjc->
• Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/swalalahos/conversations/topics/1593;_ylc=X3oDMTM1YzNpbDUxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNTk4MDY5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTcyNDg3NARtc2dJZAMxNTkzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQ0NTk3NzI2NwR0cGNJZAMxNTkz>
(1)
Visit Your Group
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/swalalahos/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbDUxcmM1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNTk4MDY5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTcyNDg3NARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzE0NDU5NzcyNjc->

[image: Yahoo! Groups]