[obol] Re: re warblers; continuing Nashville Warbler NE Portland (east county), mouse? in suet feeder

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:49:28 -0800

I think the tail is far too long and thick for a house mouse.....

cheers
Dave

On 1/11/2017 11:23 AM, Alan Contreras wrote:

Size suggests house mouse.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:19 AM, Evan Centanni <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Interested to know if anyone has an ID on the rodent in the photo. As a novice I'd say it looks like a Black Rat (naked, uniformly-colored tail that's obviously longer than body), but it does seem too small.

-Evan

--
Evan Centanni
www.polgeonow.com

On 1/8/2017 10:45 AM, Bonnie Comegys wrote:
The Nashville Warbler I reported on Jan 1st has continued every day since then, has been frequent visitor to suet feeder in backyard, 8 days and counting. Often shares the feeder with bushtits, Ruby Crowned Kinglet, juncos, and today during ice storm found a non-avian eating suet, ?mouse or small rat, small with very long tail. So hopefully the BTBWarbler will similarly continue in place. here is one photo of the Nashville Warbler and rodent sharing suet during the ice storm this morning

Bonnie Comegys
blcomegys AT gmail.com <http://gmail.com>
NE Portland, Parkrose, East Multnomah County

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol <//www.freelists.org/archive/obol> Contact moderator: obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>