[obol] photos of birds in Snowy Salem

  • From: Stephanie Hazen <stephaniehazen17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 22:46:00 -0800

https://picasaweb.google.com/101700670573128910486/SnowyDayInSalem?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCO7a2e3MtqKD9gE&feat=directlink

Ray put up the Stansport shower tent in the yard, and I sat in it for for an
hour plus, photographing birds in the snow, taking videos, and feeling
generally snug as a bug in a rug.

Click on link above to see my photo blind, ruby crowned kinglets, yellow-rumped
warblers, downy woodpeckers, song sparrows, and  bewick's wren.

We have about 8 inches of snow and it is still coming down.  The bird activity
was greater than a usual day. I think we must be the most generous bird feeders
in the neighborhood.

Lots of red-winged blackbirds, starlings, juncoes, song sparrows, golden
crowned and white crowned sparrows, fox sparrows, towhees, yellow-rumped
warblers, ruby-crowned kinglets, Anna's hummingbirds, northern flickers, a
Bewick's wren, and a great blue heron that has found a perch on the farmer's
irrigation equipment in the adjacent field.

Stephanie Hazen
Ray Temple
Salem