[obol] Re: owl attack

  • From: SJJag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 16:09:56 +0000 (UTC)

Not tape related but there are reports of this species attacking hikers
(daylight) in Tryon creek park in the Lake Oswego area.

Have seen Saw-whet owl male "charge" a group of birders when one imitated its
call....it came in quite close and was pretty agressive in countenance, this
was at night and a female was near.

Steve Jaggers