[obol] one more plover item

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 16:23:04 -0800

I should add, for those unaware, that the Oregon Snowy Plover Recovery goals for the coast are 200 individuals.    The latest summer population estimate from 2018 was about 500, so we are more than double over recovery goals.    Remember recovery goals were set in 1993, when we understood a lot less about the plovers than we know now.    We have learned that they can exist in higher densities than we might have suspected (if managed).

Cheers

Dave Lauten

ORBIC

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx