[obol] Re: obol Digest V3 #104

  • From: Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrewm25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 10:37:43 -0700

most likely these are juvenile Pelicans that do not return to southern
California and Mexico for the breeding season...if you were a teenage
pelican would you follow mom and dad back to the nursery?  far cooler and
better fish to hang with your fellow young pelicans along the Northwest
Coast where fishing and life is better...nw that DDT is mostly out of the
system and pelicans are breeding successfully the population is large
enough to make it worthwhile for youngsters to stay north and not compete
for fish on the breeding grounds to the south

--
Harry Fuller
author of FREEWAY BIRDING, see: *freewaybirding.com