[obol] new birder story

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 21:06:26 -0700

I was having dinner with fiends last night at a small trattoria named LUCE in
Portland.  The waitress turned out to be a biology major at Portland State.
She heard me talking about going to sea to look for Mottled Petrel, so she
asked if I was a birder.  She said that she was going to Cape May, NJ in the
next few days to meet her boyfriend's parents and that the next door neighbor
Richard Crossley had invited them to go birding.  I said she had a good guide.
to take her birding.  She seemed like she was a complete beginner, but looked
up Mottled Petrel between courses.

Jeff Gilligan