[obol] interesting link

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 11:10:55 -0800

I know we're not supposed to discuss cats, starlings, or hunting, but this
isn't any of those.  It's about what one animal lover DIDN'T say.  The guy
who took the name of the statue in the garden with the birds around him...
Francis.

In the category of "here's a link to something OBOL readers might like,"
here's a link

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/did-pope-francis-really-say-all-animals-
go-to-heaven/ar-BBgLHzJ

Don't miss the punch line at the end.

Paul Sullivan

-----------------------------------

[obol] Re: Fwd: TAKE ACTION: Protect this rare West Coast species from
imminent extinction
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
To: deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 09:00:26 -0800

I agree with Dave.  I think it would be ok to have a one-time post referring

interested people to a web site or a different chat-list.  Actual discussion
of
non-bird stuff is not what OBOL is for.
.
.
Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Eugene, Oregon
From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:52:32 -0800

Folks,

... I think sometimes it might be better to post "if you care to comment on
the current fisher plan, you can do that here (link)" without posting how
one feels about the issue or even what the issues are. But at the same time,
I don't think that any of us wants to see the OBOL digest full of "here is
another comment period on (fill in the blank for species/issues)". I think
really quickly we'd all be bogged down in issues and not bird sitings.
Fair enough?

Cheers
Dave Lauten
moderator