[obol] fwd from birdwatching daily re letters re Malheur

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yamhillbirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MidValley Birds <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:28:45 -0800

Your Malheur memories, please!

We can't read a thing about the ongoing occupation and closure of Malheur NWR, in Oregon, without thinking about the refuge's critical importance to birds. According to the Audubon Society of Portland, Malheur may have the highest all-time bird list of any location in the state -- more than 320 species. Huge numbers of migrating waterfowl and shorebirds gather on the refuge every year, and so, too, do thousands of birders.

If you've been one of them, we want to hear from you! Please tell us why
Malheur is important to you. We may include your recollections in a story
we're preparing. Send email and photos, if you have them, to
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx no later than Monday, January 25. Please
include your full name along with the name of the city and the name of
the state or province you live in.

--
http://lindafink.blogspot.com/
http://lindafink-birdnotes.blogspot.com/