[obol] Re: couple of late(ish) shorebirds

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 18:45:18 -0700

Mike,

Daniel Farrar recently recorded both species in Coos, the knot was the
latest "spring" county record.  I am sure these June birds are likely
non-breeders or failed breeders (later in the month) but who knows for
sure?  It is sure cool to see them though- nice find as they are a pretty
rare commidity this time of year most years!

I saw a dozen Semipalm Plovers and 2 Westerns at Bandon yesterday, but I
don't think that is unusual.  Figuring out whether mid-June shorebirds are
coming or going or just hanging is another story.

Merry migration???
Tim R
Coos Bay