[obol] Re: [birding] Re: your favorite camera for bird photography

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: springazure1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 15:06:32 -0800

Hi Mary,

I sent my reply to Mid-Valley list instead of OBOL. Here is another blog post showing how well my Nikon P900 brings birds up close, although it is, as I said in my first post, too heavy to hold still without bracing it on something. http://lindafink.blogspot.com/2015/11/north-santiam-raptor-route-with-camera.html

But I mainly use the Panasonic Lumix FZ70 for out-of-the-car birding. The Nikon is just too heavy for me to cart around. Someday I'll read the instructions and learn how to do something besides use the automatic setting (both cameras). :-)

Linda Fink

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Mary Garrard <springazure1@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi everyone, I’m going to upgrade my camera (currently a decent
point-and-shoot) to better photograph birds on the trip to Australia later
this year. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Mary GarrardPOST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol