[obol] bandon notes

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 19:30:37 -0700

I did not find anything else noteworthy around Bandon today, but Bandon is not
good alcid country in fall/winter so I was surprised that the waters off the s
jetty, viewed from the bluff above, contained several Marbled Murrelets, a
rhino, two murres and a guillemot.

An Eared Grebe, not a standard inhabitant, was in the pond by the jetty.
Townsend's Warblers were here and there around town, more obvious than usual so
perhaps some are moving through.

Heavy fog made late afternoon birding impossible but that has cleared out for
now.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone

Note: owing to my heavy workload and travel schedule through Dec. 5, response
to messages may take up to a week.