[obol] "Yellow"-shafted Flicker continues in west Corvallis

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 10:25:03 -0800

Last November I saw a flicker on the dead end part of VanBuren, west of 35th St
in Corvallis. It had all the field marks of a Yellow-shafted Flicker but the
black mustache. I saw it daily for a few weeks. A flicker just took off from
the neighbor's fence and it had yellow under-wings. Of course I can't say for
sure it's the same bird. The sapsucker I  saw last November never made a second
appearance. I heard a Rufous Hummingbird here on Feb 27. Surely on the early
side for Corvallis.  Lars