[obol] Yard Owling in Silverton hills

  • From: roger freeman <carrotguy55@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 15:06:53 -0800

Currently, in mid afternoon (2-3pm) while I sit in my yard enjoying the
Chickadees and RB Nuthatches foraging on the suet feeder about ten feet
from me, a Northern Pygmy Owl is proudly tooting away some 100 yards away
in Doug Fir timber.
Along with the Great Horned Owl pair calling last night, the Western
Screech Owl softly calling Friday night and a Northern Saw-whet Owl calling
for a few nights a couple of weeks ago,  it has been an enjoyable
owl nesting season this far.

Roger Freeman
3 miles SW of Silverton