[obol] Yamhill puzzle bird solved

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <YamhillBirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:22:42 -0700

We got out to the site of the mystery bird again this morning by 8:20.  It
is 7 miles up Rock Creek from Business Hwy 18, AKA Willamina - Sheridan Hwy.
The bird was singing when we arrived.  I was able to get a good scope look
at it, on the tip of a bow of a tall D. fir tree.  It was over 30 ft off the
ground.

It sang the triplet "Trrrrrrz, Trrrrrz, Trrrrrz" over and over.  It didn't
do any other songs.

It was an adult clay-throated CHIPPING SPARROW.  Where did it learn that
song?

Hmmmm?

Cheers,

Paul Sullivan