[obol] YELLOW-THROATED WARBLERS HOMEOWNER ISSUES

  • From: Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mid-Valley Birding List <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 12:18:56 -0800

Greetings:

Jeff Gordon, President of the American Birding Association, just called me
because the homeowner across the street from the where the YELLOW-THROATED
WARBLER is being seen, called the ABA directly to vent his unhappiness with
birders coming onto their property. It is not OK. They are extremely upset,
enough so that they are taking down the suet feeder.

I realize that the person given permission didn't realize when given access
that it was meant only for them, so in the future before posting any addresses
or access permission, please double check with the homeowner that it is OK to
post to a listserve.  Am thinking of the folks who hosted last winter's
Ovenbird in Portland.

PLEASE give the houses a wide berth and under no circumstances go near the
private property. We have at minimum one very, very unhappy couple as a result.
I can't speak for the other neighbors, but PLEASE stay away from the houses.

Shawneen Finnegan
Member of the ABA Record Standards and Ethics Committee (RSEC)

www.shawneenfinnegan.wordpress.com