[obol] Re: What's the only county without a Semipalmated Sandpiper record? Results

  • From: "Dennis Vroman" <dpvroman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <romain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>, "chuck gates" <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>, "OBOL Oregon Birders Online" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 08:56:10 -0800

Might add that one shorebird not shown on the list was seen by Tim Shelmerdine
(in case Tim forgot, which he likely hasn't) at Lake Selmac, on flooded
lawn-type habitat was a Black-necked Stilt.  I remember this for on that same
day (one mid-April) it was "dumping" rain and I found two Whimbrels along Lower
River Road in a field. Those are the only sightings of these two species in the
county I'm aware of.

Dennis