[obol] Re: What Steller's eat

  • From: "R. Adney Jr." <rfadney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 19:13:13 -0700

I has been my experience that Stellars will eat pretty much anything.  In the
parking lots of various Oregon parks I've seen them with Ritz crackers, jerky,
ice cream bar wrappers and cigarette butts.  I've had them stepping into my
hand to take french fries!  They are as bad as Crater Lake "Chipmunks"!

Rich Adney

http://avianpics.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adneyvisualarts/
http://www.oregonimages.net

From: pamelaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [obol] What Steller's eat
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 07:43:52 -0700

I was a low point for me yesterday when I saw a Steller’s Jay flying off
with a Northern Alligator Lizard dangling from its beak. They also eat suet,
trying all kinds of desperate moves to get at it.

Pamela Johnston