[obol] Re: Violet-green Swallows: Early Birds

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>, rhett wilkins <rhettwilkins@xxxxxxxxx>, OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 19:21:45 +0000

Rhett et al.,
Both Tree and Violet-green Swallows start flying well before dawn. I've heard
them as early as 3:00-3:30AM when doing big days.
Dave IronsPortland, OR

Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:24:11 -0700
From: garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [obol] Re: Violet-green Swallows: Early Birds
To: rhettwilkins@xxxxxxxxx; obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rhett,

They are typical pre-dawn birds this time of year. They are very active in my
neighborhood in the hour or so before dawn every morning this time of year and
are sometimes joined by Purple Martins. Been hearing it for years- it is a late
spring-early summer thing which is one of those special treats this time of
year.

Merry almost summertime!
Tim R
Coos Bay