[obol] Varied Thrush - Lake Oswego

  • From: Jeff Bledsoe <bledsoephotography@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:14:08 -0800

Earlier in the fall when we first got the cold snap we had a bunch of VT
move through the area and even a few in the yard for a few days, then
nothing.  This was really odd because we generally have 4-7 all winter for
the past several winters.  It warmed up and I just figured that was not our
normal ones and the masses were still further north.

As you all know it was pretty chilly last few weeks.  A few days ago we had
a male in the yard a couple times, then nothing.  Yesterday he was back and
surprisingly tame as I was out in the yard with him and he didn't flush
from the tree.  I walked back up the deck after morning feeding and he was
in the tree maybe 20 ft away just watching me. I stopped and talked to him
for a bit and let him alone.  Today he came for a while, left, then came
back with his female.  They ate some and left after a couple hours.

Of course I'm assuming it's the same male, but who knows.  So hopefully
we'll get some more regulars for the winter, they are a nice change from
the normal fare.

No photos yet, I'll let them get settled in and comfy.  Besides the light
has been terrible.
Jeff