[obol] Trumpeter Swans, Tillamook

  • From: Wink Gross <winkg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 07:39:29 -0800

Yesterday, David Mandell and I covered Tillamook Bay Wetlands (aka Rain River)
for the Tillamook CBC.  We spotted a group of swans way out on the bay, and
studied them for awhile through our scopes before concluding they we're
probably TRUMPETER SWANS.  The birding gods must have been smiling on us, as
the flock of 11 then took off and flew directly over us heading SE.  As they
went overhead, their toy trumpet calls confirmed our ID.

Our other good bird of the day was a singing WHITE-THROATED SPARROW along
Suppress Road.  Just the song to warm the hearts of a couple of New Hampshire
boys.

Wink Gross

Sent from my iPad