[obol] Tillamook West Raptor Survey

  • From: dawn v <d_villa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 20:23:00 +0100

Caren Willoughby and I ran the 60 mile Tillamook West raptor survey in 5 hours 20 minutes yesterday between intermittent rain squalls. The tides were high but the eagles plentiful (generally, we hope for lower tides so there are good mudflats on the bay). The first bird of the day was a soaking wet Cooper's Hawk that took us awhile to ID. We had good luck with accipiters on the day. We dipped on Red-shouldered Hawks - we have a few "regular" spots for them but none of them showed. Also disappointed (as usual) to not have any White-tailed Kite sightings.    18 Red-tailed Hawk   9 American Kestrel  8 Northern Harrier 26 Bald Eagle - Adults 13 Bald Eagle - sub-adults  1 Peregrine  3 Cooper's Hawks  1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
  dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott ****************** UNSUBSCRIBE: www.freelists.org/list/obol MODERATOR: Email obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx