[obol] Re: Tillamook Bayocean Spit Dickcissel, N Mockingbird

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_villa@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:46:23 -0800

It could hardly be more of a Dickcissel than the great photos show. I have
only seen two in Oregon in 40+ years.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

On Nov 10, 2015, at 5:42 PM, dawn v <d_villa@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Finally got home and worked my way through my photos.

The bird I believe to be a DICKCISSEL (click arrows to see all 4 photos):
http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1732_1_zpsgoqx6iam.jpg.html

<http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1732_1_zpsgoqx6iam.jpg.html>

NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD (one photo):
http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1716_1_zpsapq2egxj.jpg.html

<http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1716_1_zpsapq2egxj.jpg.html>

SWANS (3 photos):
http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1753_1_zpshb9xxs7c.jpg.html

<http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/villaesc/media/Birds/2015/IMG_1753_1_zpshb9xxs7c.jpg.html>

Also seen were two SNOW GEESE and two unknown "blue" geese with a flock of
CACKLING GEESE in a field between Alderbrook Loop and Hwy 101 in Idaville.
The "blue" geese were almost as white as the SNOW GEESE, with similar bills,
but had distinct blue-tinged caps that extended down the back of the neck.
Wish I'd gotten photos, hopefully they'll be seen again.

dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott

"To want what I have, to take what I'm given with grace... for this, I pray."
--Don Henley

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 11:54 AM
From: "dawn v" <d_villa@xxxxxxxx>
To: d_villa@xxxxxxxx, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [obol] Tillamook Bayocean Spit Dickcissel, N Mockingbird
And 7 SWANS just flew over my head on the bridge west of Fenk Rd. Hopefully
all photos will turn out. Will post tonight when i get home.
dawn v
--
Sent from my Android phone

dawn v <d_villa@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Looking at a strange pair. A DICKCISSEL and a NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD on the
road leading in, before the parking area.

dawn v
--
Sent from my Android phone OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol