[obol] This Saturday, Silver Falls State Park, Silverton OR CBC

  • From: roger freeman <carrotguy55@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 12:01:30 -0800

Howdy and Merry Christmas!
This coming Saturday, we are still looking for a couple of experienced hard
core CBC teams to tackle some of the Silverton CBC.

One beautiful sector that could use a good effort is Silver Falls State
Park.  There is good access, old growth timber, beautiful trails and
scenery.  If you really wanted a memorable time, you could stay in their
nice campground with a trailer, or just go up early.   It is a good place
for owling ... been a few years since we recorded either the Spotted or
Great Gray Owls that have been observed in the past.   Also, we hope to get
Ruffed Grouse, Gray Jay, Northern Goshawk, just to mention a few.   It is
hardy birding and a different kind of challenge.

Weather forecast is for a quiet calm chilly day.   Should make for good owl
hooting.

Let me know if you have an interest to try this CBC challenge.

Roger Freeman
Silverton OR