[obol] The SE Portland goose is a Greater White-fronted Goose

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 18:41:25 -0800

I am probably the only Oregon birder to not have an account on "Flicker" or
another site to post photos, but I got to the site where the goose was reported
just before dark. It is an immature Greater White-fronted Goose. It is
dwarfed by the probably resident Canada Geese that is hanging out with. It
shows a bit of white at the upper base of the bill, and a largely dark nail on
the pinkish pill. The bill size is normal for a Greater White-front.
and it doesn't have a white eye-ring.

Jeff Gilligan