[obol] Testing the hypothesis

  • From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:50:36 +0000

I realized when Paul was posting this, he was not unaware of the routes of
cranes, just getting out there with hopes of finding such where they are
difficult to see. Here in Polk County Sandhill Crane just so happens to be my
# 1 nemesis bird. I suspect my chances are best to find a single bird or small
group that has set down at BSNWR, whether during migration or not, one of
these years. To hope for a large flock flying over the county might take
another 25 years of living here to knock off of my bucket list. But, then
again, that is why I get out there. Must be something that drives the birder
in us.

Bill Tice: Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and avoiding chores.