[obol] Re: Tangent Eagle Roost and Surrounding Area

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 16:32:48 -0700

The "crows" were probably Ravens.. One of the striking things about covering
this area for the Corvallis Christmas Bird Count is spending eight hours of
daylight without ever detecting a crow. Ravens on the other hand can be
expected during any five minute period across the eight hour sample. I suspect
the odd eagles were Bald Eagles in some sub-adult plumage.  Lars