[obol] Re: Swift ID

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Doug Robinson <w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>, matt hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>, OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:12:56 +0000

Matt et al.,
Adding to Doug Robinson's comments below, my initial impression was that this
bird seems both longer-winged and in particularly longer-tailed compared to
Vaux's Swift. The combination of photos, what you describe, and the
vocalizations that you heard provide a very compelling report. Chimney Swift
has been on the "next bird to be added to the Oregon list" radar for many of us.
Dave Irons